This is a part-time job for a skateboarding instructor. The skate instructor will be responsible for teaching children the fundamentals of skateboarding through our after-school programs, clinics, and/or lessons in partnership with area parks & recreation departments. This role requires independent work and consistent on-site presence at schools and local skateparks.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older
- Ability to work with children
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and other instructors
- Experience working with children or teaching skateboarding a plus
- Must be able to work either late afternoon, evening, or weekend shifts
Hours & Compensation
- After-school programs run on weekdays from 3pm – 4pm; 4pm – 5pm, or 3pm – 5pm. Up to 10 hours per week. Each program will have both a Lead and Support Instructor.
- Lessons are run through area Parks & Recreation Departments at skateparks in the Des Moines metro area. Instructors will be Skate DSM employees. Hours range from 2-6 hours per week for 4-12 weeks. Days and times will be set in advance but can be based on Instructor’s availability. Each lesson program will have both a Lead and Support Instructor.
- Lead Instructor: $18 per hour – lead on-site instruction programs
- Support Instructor: $15 per hour – assist with skate instruction